Greetings students and families!
Here are the Great Stone Face and Isinglass Teen Read lists for 2019–2020, as well as a "Mix list" that combines books from both.
• Fifth and sixth graders will choose their summer reading book from the Great Stone Face list.
• Seventh graders will choose their summer reading book from the Mix list.
• Eighth graders will choose their summer reading book from either the Mix list or the Isinglass Teen Read list.
Assignments: click here
These lists feature books that appeal to students’ varied interests and to their wide developmental age span. Our expectation is that students will choose “just right” books based on decoding (figuring out words), comprehension, interest, and consideration of their family’s values. Opportunities for exploration and decision-making help students grow into lifelong readers.
Clicking on a book's cover image below will take you to my Goodreads page where you can read a brief summary of the book under "Ms. St. Jean's Review." Just so you know, in most cases "my" review is actually the Goodread's blurb, which they probably got from the book's publisher. Click the "back" arrow in Goodreads to return to this page.
• To see the Great Stone Face slide show, click here.
• To see the Mix List slide show, click here.
• To see the Isinglass Teen Read slide show, click here.